UCE AMG AGENDA
JANUARY 28 2016
“The little bit you and me might change the world," Malloy smiled, "it wouldnt show up
until a hundred years after we were dead. We'd never see it."
"But it'd be there.”
― James Jones, From Here to Eternity
Welcome to the UCE Addictions Ministry Group. We are a group of people who have
struggled with our own addictions and the addictions of others. We hope to struggle well
together as we work towards finding sanity, peace, love, and healthy relationships in our
lives. We will strive to spend our time together in a spirit of love embracing the inherent
worth and dignity of all. We accept and respect the varied paths that our members will
take to find sanity, peace, love, and healthy relationships. We covenant to be together
in a safe, confidential environment where we can explore our paths and our stories.
Our Relational Covenant
▪ Embrace and practice deep listening
▪ We will strive to be respectful of our limited time and try to keep our comments
focused on the issues that have brought us here.
▪ Experience the group in a non-judgmental frame of mind
▪ Build trust within the group
▪ Confidentiality about specifics shared or discussed is imperative for our
▪ We each take full responsibility for what we share or say, recognizing
retractions are acceptable as well
▪ Meetings will always start and end on time
Check-in and Processing of Check-in
Discussion: Our Legacy
Our reading this week was an obituary and it doesn't feel appropriate to include it here.
“Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of
others and the stories they share about you.”
― Shannon L. Alder
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
― Maria Robinson