UCE Addictions Ministry
Agenda March 17
We are here to abet creation and
to witness to it,
to notice each others beautiful
face and complex nature
so that creation need not play to
an empty house.
Annie Dilliard Hymnal 420
Welcome to the UCE Addictions Ministry Group. We are a group of people who have struggled with our own addictions and the addictions of others. We hope to struggle well together as we work towards finding sanity, peace, love, and healthy relationships in our lives. We will strive to spend our time together in a spirit of love embracing the inherent worth and dignity of all. We accept and respect the varied paths that our members will take to find sanity, peace, love, and healthy relationships. We covenant to be together in a safe, confidential environment where we can explore our paths and our stories.
Our Relational Covenant
• Embrace and practice deep listening
• We will strive to be respectful of our limited time and try to keep our comments focused on the issues that have brought us here.
• Experience the group in a non-judgmental frame of mind.
• Build trust within the group.
• Confidentiality about specifics shared or discussed is imperative for our success.
• We each take full responsibility for what we share or say, recognizing retractions are acceptable as well.
• Meetings will always start and end on time.
Check-in and Processing of Check-in
Discussion: Choosing Forgiveness
Deep peace to you
Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.
Adapted from ancient Gaelic runes