From a print hanging on the wall at Thelma McMillan Chemical Dependency Treatment Center of Torrance Memorial Hospital, Torrance, California.
1. We admitted our lives were out of control.
2. Accepted that a Higher Power could help us.
3. Got out of the way to let it happen.
4. Took a hard, honest look at our lives.
5. Told someone the truth.
6. Got ready to change.
7. Asked a Higher Power to help us change.
8. Remembered all the people we hurt.
9. Made it right with them wherever we could.
10. Continued to stay honest.
11. Put our Higher Power in charge every day.
12. Tried to live our values and help others.