1. I accept that I have been powerless over the effects of my inherited psychological wounds, and that my life has become unmanageable.
2. I believe that a power greater than me can help me free my true Self to guide me and harmonize my personality subselves.
3. I decided to turn my will and life over to the care of my Higher Power.
4. I assessed myself honestly for significant psychological wounds and false-self dominance .
5. I admitted to my Higher Power, myself, and another person the exact nature of my false selve's harmful behaviors.
6. I am entirely ready to accept help to permanently reduce my psychological wounds.
7. I humbly seek to help my personality subselves trust the wisdom and guidance of my true Self and my Higher Power.
8. I identified all persons my false selves have significantly harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. I made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when doing so would injure them or others.
10. I continued to take personal inventory and, when I was wrong, promptly admitted it without undue guilt, shame, or anxiety.
11. I sought through prayer and meditation to improve my relationship with my Higher Power, seeking to improve my awareness of God's will for me, and the courage to carry it out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening from these steps, I try to practice them in my daily life, and to model and respectfully offer these principles to others who inherited psychological wounds.