An Agnostic's Guide to the 12 Steps
1. We accept the fact that all of our efforts to stop drinking have
2. We believe that we must turn elsewhere for help.
3. We turn to our fellow men and women, particularly those who have
struggled with the same problem.
4. We have made a list of the situations in which we are most likely
5. We ask our friends to help us avoid those situations.
6. We are ready to accept the help they give us.
7. We earnestly hope that they will help.
8. We have made a list of the persons we have harmed and to whom we
hope to make amends.
9. We shall do all we can to make amends, in any way which will not
cause further harm.
10. We will continue to make such list and revise them as
11. We appreciate what our friends have done and are doing to help us.
12. We, in turn, are ready to help others who may come to us in the