Welcome to the UCE Addictions & Recovery Group we are a group of people who have struggled with our own addiction and the addiction of others. We hope to struggle well together as we work towards finding sanity, peace, love, and healthy relationships in our lives. We will strive to spend our time together in the spirit of love embracing the inherent worth and dignity of all. We accept and respective the varied paths our members will take to find sanity, peace, love, and healthy relationships we covenant to be together in a safe, confidential environment where we can explore our paths and our stories.
We meet on Thursday evenings from 7:15-8:45pm.
Our meetings currently follow this format.
An opening reading followed by reading our welcome and covenant.
A minute of quite reflection.
Topic reading, listening or watching.
Discussion on the topic.
Burning desires and naming accountability issues.
Our Relational Covenant
▪ Embrace and practice deep listening.
▪ We will strive to be respectful of our limited time and try to keep our comments focused on the issues that have brought us here.
▪ Experience the group in a non-judgmental frame of mind.
▪ Build trust within the group.
▪ Confidentiality about specifics shared or discussed is imperative for our success.
▪ We each take full responsibility for what we share or say, recognizing retractions are acceptable as well.
▪ Meetings will always start and end on time (ish).
- 12-7-2017 Beyond 90 Days
- 11-30-2017 Relapse
- Thanksgiving 2017, TED video
- Shame Faced, Fall 2017
- Finished the Book, early fall 2017
- Almost a year later
- We Are Still Here
- 11-17-2016 Alternative 12 Steps, Step 2
- 11-10-2016 Alternative 12 Steps, Helen
- 11-3-2016 Alternative 12 Steps,Step 1
- 10-27-2016 Alternative 12 Steps, What Can the Program do for Us?
- 10-20-2016 Alternative 12 Steps, What’s Your Suffering?
- 10-13-2016 Alternative 12 Steps, Forward & Introduction
- 10-6-2016 Healing and Community
- 9-22-2016 Gratitude
- 9-15-2016 Humility
- 9-8-2016 What is Recovery?
- 9-1-2016 AAAgnostica Steps 8 & 9 part 2
- 8-25-2016 AAAgnostica steps 8 & 9
- 8-18-2016 Powerless
- 8-11-2016 Emotional Sobriety
- 8-4-2016 Vulnerability
- 7-14, 21 & 28-2016 Step 7
- 6-30 & 7-7-2016 Simplicity
- 6-23-2016 What is Real?